- How do I sign up?
- Step 1: Register as a student.
- Step 2: Enroll in a daurah / program.
- What is the difference between registering and enrolling?
- Register as an Afaq SG student: You get access to all the introductory videos of our current courses and those to come, inshaAllah. You do not, however, get access to all the lessons in each course. You can also register anytime.
- Enrolling in a daurah (SGD50-SGD80/module): You get access to the lessons for the course that you enroll in. Registration is required before you can enroll into a course.
- I am not Singaporean nor Syrian. Can I sign up?
- Of course! Our courses are conducted in English or Malay (depending on the course). So if you understand the language it is taught in, bismillah 🙂
- How long do I have access to the courses’ lessons once I enroll?
- For those enrolled in the Dec 2019 – April 2020 intake you will have access to the lessons you have enrolled in from Dec 2019 to November 2020, regardless of which month you register.
- How long is one semester?
- Each semester in the Islamic Sciences Program and Daurah is 6 months of school term (4 months of lessons and 2 months of revisions and exams).
- Each semester in the Quran School is 6 months of lessons(once a week). If tests need to be carried out, dates will be set during the semester itself.
- What is the format of the lessons?
- Generally, each module (excluding the Qur’an School) is delivered weekly via recorded video format, with the Ustazah(audio only) teaching over powerpoint slides.
- What if I have questions?
- Submit your questions via the Question tab in the learning platform, and the Ustazah will answer them either in the next lesson, in the comments, or direct to your email.
- How are the tests conducted?
- Following Afaq Syria, each course will end with a test consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), done online. However, some Ustazahs might set short or long answer questions if they wish to.
- Why just MCQ? Why not something more challenging like essays?
- Because we are focused on sharing the knowledge with women who are hard pressed for time due to family and work commitments; having heavy examinations might be a cause for concern.
- Okay, but I don’t think I want to be tested, even if it is MCQs.
- It’s ok, tests are not compulsory for all courses unless you have registered for the 5 Year Islamic Sciences Program (ISP). However, we strongly encourage you to complete the tests so that your Ustazah (and yourself) can evaluate how much you have learned throughout the semester.
- What am I losing out if I don’t sit for the test?
- Course students:
- Only tested (and passed) students get the attendance certificate from Afaq Syria.
- ISP students:
- ISP students cannot move on to the next semester of the course (when available) if you have not passed the current semester’s modules.
- Passing all modules in every course is a prerequisite to getting the final Certificate of Recognition from Afaq Syria.
- Course students:
- What if I fail the first time round?
- You will be allowed to retake the test once again, inshaAllah
- Are the certificates recognized?
- The certificates will be issued by The Ministry of Endowments in Damascus, Syria. They are recognized there, but may or may not be recognized elsewhere.
- The certificates generally serve as personal testimonials that the student has gone through a course of study in the subject/module/program it has been awarded for.
- Who will be awarded certificates?
- Islamic Sciences Program: Those who have passed each semester (10 semesters in total) with a minimum overall percentage of 50%.
- Islamic Daurah: Those who have passed each module (depending on the total number of modules in the Course) with a minimum overall percentage of 50%.
- Qur’an School:
1) Memorization of Juz Amma: Those who have finished memorizing the whole Juz and have thereafter passed the test conducted.
2)Perfection of Juz Amma Recitation: Those who have perfected their recitation of the whole Juz and have thereafter passed the test conducted.
3)Memorization of Surah Lazim: Those who have finished memorizing the Surah and have thereafter passed the test conducted. The certificate is given per Surah.
4)Talaqqi with Sanad: Those who have completed reciting the whole Quran to the Ustazah and have passed the test( conducted by an Ustazah in Syria).
- What certificates will be awarded?
- For all the Islamic Daurah and Quran School (except Talaqqi with Sanad), a Certificate of Completion will be awarded.
- For the Islamic Sciences Program, a Specialized Certificate in the Islamic Sciences will be awarded.
- For the Talaqqi with Sanad, an Ijazah will be awarded.
- Are the certificates recognized?
- How much do the Daurah Islamic cost per module?
- SGD60-SGD80 for 16 lessons, which is equivalent to SGD3.75-SGD5.00 per lesson
- How much does the 5 year Islamic Sciences Program (ISP) cost per semester (6 months)?
- Enrolling in the 5 year ISP program gives you access to 5 to 8 courses per semester, for only SGD150 per semester.
- How much does the Qur’an School cost per semester (6 months)?
- It is SGD60 per semester (That’s SGD10 for 4 lessons per month)
- I would really love to enroll, but I cannot afford the fees 🙁
- No worries! Send us an email using the contact form on this page, and share with us how we can help. InshaAllah we will be able to work something out <3
- Why are you charging for these classes?
- Our main intention is to spread the knowledge and love! These fees are mainly to help offset the administration and technology costs in setting up and running this website, while at the same time to motivate you to see the lessons to the end, inshaAllah. Remember, if you cannot afford the classes but are VERY determined to learn, reach out to us; we’ll be more than happy to work something out biiznillah.
Reach out to us
Ready to be a student of knowledge?
Enroll in any of the programs available to begin your journey of seeking knowledge.
Course enrollment will only re-open in November 2019 for the (Nov 2019 to April 2020 semester). However, you may still register to view introductions to each course.